server specific error 666

Options
nickb
edited November 2012 in Photon Server
Hi
I'm getting this error message when I try to start my photon server

A service specific error has occured: 666

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547.

typing NET HELPMSG 3547, doesn't tell me anything more.

It's photon 2.6.0. This only happens on one specific machine (the remote server I want it to work on).
I can get the same build to work fine on my local network. The service was working ok previously, I'm not sure what went wrong.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Philip
    Options
    Can you please send the logs to support@exitgames.com.
  • Looking at the logs myself I see it says the license has expired. I downloaded a new license though. Do the new licenses not work with photon 2.6? The default license it came with expired after a year.
  • dreamora
    Options
    Photon 3 licenses do not work with Photon 2 so in case it would be a photon 3 one as the free ones that are normally in the dev account, then they would not work until you ugprade to Photon 3
  • It's looking like quite a lot of work to move the client code to Photon version 3. Is there any way I could get a license for the 2.6 server?
  • Tobias
    Options
    We can sort out all license problems by mail. This way, I can send you one for v2.x, too.
    The solution is something like: You can have a 100 ccu license for free (that was an offer we always had) or you can buy a v3 license and mail (!) us to create a v2 for you. we will sort out the rest.