[noob] A few basic questions

Options
Flynn
edited November 2012 in Photon Server
Hi! I've been googling around to see if I can find anything on these questions, but I can't find anything that conclusively says yes or no.

Here are my questions:

1) When using a photon cloud server, are connections peer to peer, or are packets/data routed through photon cloud? 2)If I create a photon cloud server, is there a way for me to log all sent packets? 3)If the answer to 2) was yes, is there a way to send these packets to a MySQL database?

My intentions are less to log the exact movements of every single player for every second -- but more to log things like chats, or suspicious behaviors going on such as invalid packets, players magically being awarded an obtuse amount of points, etc

With a photon server, is there most secure way to do such logging than sending directly from the game? IE log creations of "game rooms" on the server I set up, and how do I log chats sent and game events within that server?

Also, is it possible to (with photon cloud) program in basic game logic? IE, the cloud server its self manages major game events, and does some basic double checking of player actions?

Thankyou for reading my post, and for any answers presented!

Comments

• Philip
    Options
    Flynn wrote:
    1) When using a photon cloud server, are connections peer to peer, or are packets/data routed through photon cloud?
    they are routed through the photon-cloud
    Flynn wrote:
    2)If I create a photon cloud server, is there a way for me to log all sent packets?
    Not sure what exactly you mean by "If I create a photon cloud server"

- using the cloud - there is no way to do that
    - if you setup your own server - assuming with packets you mean application level messages (not udp/tcp -level packets)
    Flynn wrote:
    3)If the answer to 2) was yes, is there a way to send these packets to a MySQL database?
    As explained in 2) in your own server you could.
    Flynn wrote:
    My intentions are less to log the exact movements of every single player for every second -- but more to log things like chats, or suspicious behaviors going on such as invalid packets, players magically being awarded an obtuse amount of points, etc
    Flynn wrote:
    With a photon server, is there most secure way to do such logging than sending directly from the game? IE log creations of "game rooms" on the server I set up, and how do I log chats sent and game events within that server?

Also, is it possible to (with photon cloud) program in basic game logic? IE, the cloud server its self manages major game events, and does some basic double checking of player actions?
    We currently don't support custom server logic on the cloud - you have to setup your own server for this.
    Flynn wrote:
    Thankyou for reading my post, and for any answers presented!
  • Thank you very much for clearing these things up! You say you don't *currently* support custom server logic on the cloud... Does this mean that you eventually plan to?
  • Philip
    Options
    Flynn wrote:
    Thank you very much for clearing these things up! You say you don't *currently* support custom server logic on the cloud... Does this mean that you eventually plan to?

We might eventually :) nothing for the near future though.