Unity Examples?

Options
Allez
edited December 2010 in DotNet
Hi.

Can someone link me to some very, very simple examples, or tutorials, of Unity and Photon?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Did you check out the Developer Network?
    We recently added a lot of material and are still working on it.

In general: If you want to learn something and need help of people in any forum, be as specific as you could about your problem. Programming topics tend to be too broad to be answered in general.
  • Are there any written tutorials, either from Photon or from outside websites?

I really like the sound of photon and it sound more powerful server than Smartfox but Smartfox seems easier.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We don't have many special-purpose samples like chat or FPS yet. The Realtime Demo however sends user-info and position updates, so so basics are there.
    The samples are in the client SDK for Unity and really simple and straightforward. They should be easy to consume.
    The NetSync Demo that's done by Caspar Strandbygaard (og GuppyLife) is currently outdated but gets a refresh by us soon.

As said, also have a look at: http://developer.exitgames.com/photonclient/overview
  • Hello Allez,

Tobias is right on. The Realtime Demo is a great start. With Unity, even in an existing project you utilize the realtime demo very easily. Once you have the server running on your local machine, a great way to test your server. Once you get this in your application and ready for players to connect to your server you can then use the demo-realtime.exe to create "demo" players that will spawn in your unity world. The demo-realtime.exe file is found in the dotnet package, kinda deep just search for it.

I found this to be the best starting point to understand how Photon and Unity can work together, there are much larger examples of course, many of these at this time simply dont work with Unity3, but could be made to work withe a good working knowledge of both.