LoadSceneMode.Additive

Options

I bring up two scenes at the beginning of the game scene.

One of my scenes is a scene with players and data, and the other is a scene with a map object with a navi mesh.

SceneManager.LoadScene("PlayerScene",LoadSceneMode.Single);

SceneManager.LoadScene("Scene" + 1, LoadSceneMode.Additive);

PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel("); here is the way to bring up the scene used in the photon

I can only bring one like this and it doesn't seem to be additive, is that right?

PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel(sceneName);

In this code, the way that the scene used in the photon is called up is,

<LoadSceneMode.Single>

It doesn't seem to be additive like this, is it?

Can you tell me how to do it?

Best Answer

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel is not additive. It will replace the current scene.

PUN does not have support for additive loading. If that's something you could make use of, please consider Fusion as an alternative client SDK. It's more modern, supports additive loading, Addressables and many other features you might want to use.

It is a bit more complex in the beginning but it doesn't surprise you towards the end of the project with things it doesn't really help with.

Answers

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

PhotonNetwork.LoadLevel is not additive. It will replace the current scene.

PUN does not have support for additive loading. If that's something you could make use of, please consider Fusion as an alternative client SDK. It's more modern, supports additive loading, Addressables and many other features you might want to use.

It is a bit more complex in the beginning but it doesn't surprise you towards the end of the project with things it doesn't really help with.

• vanvo
    Options

Thank you. I will use the Fusion as you told me.