Photon Self Hosted Server.

Options

Hi,

I have photon server that hosted on AWS Windows Machine. Currently i have 80-100 CCU. But, in my game I have to make sure Maximum 10K CCU playing without any problem. My AWS Machine Config: 8 Core CPU 8 GB Ram.

My Question is, for maximum player how can I manage auto-scale for this? if anyone done this before just tell me the way you manage or if anyone have idea please share. Thanks.

Answers

• Tobias
    Options

The Server SDK implements the workflows to run multiple Game Servers per Master Server instance. The Master Server will distribute players into rooms across the Game Servers.

This is how you scale. Check the Server docs.

• atik_swt
    Options

Hi @Tobias

Sorry for interrupting again. If my machine full then i have to scale up and add new machine right? so if i did this do i have to add more license and same file to boot up? or what is the right approach to run photon server on multiple machine on AWS. Can you share the details? Note: I don't know how much traffic will come on my game. It could be 1k or 10k or 20k CCU. So what is the way to handle this kind of traffic on Self Hosted server on AWS.

• Tobias
    Options

You can scale with bigger machines and or by adding some. Each machine needs a license (be that a separate file or one file licensed for X servers).

CCU is for players at the same time. Unless you have a massive hit, you usually have some time to watch CCUs and add machines (which once done should not be that time consuming).