Number of CCU in Virtual Reality using Unity

Options

Good morning, I have developed Unity software in Virtual Reality with Photon. It is a classroom where several students and a professor can log in simultaneously and see the same things. At the moment I lowered the send rate (PhotonNetwork.SendRate = 5;) and was able to connect up to 10 people at once, with the basic send rate this didn't happen after 5/8 users were connected to the classroom, if another user tried to connect it would throw out another user. Does the solution of lowering the send rate make sense, or am I wrong? Is the problem the synchronization of avatars, which send too many messages? The more RPC functions I have the less CCU I can keep? The problem with lowering the send rate is that the system lags.

Is it possible to overcome this problem with the premium version?  I would need a classroom that holds 20 CCU's together and does not lag.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options

Broadly speaking: Yes, the more each user sends, the less users can interact in a room.

The problem is best solved with a state of the art networking solution: Fusion. It aims to support way more users in a single room. We got VR samples for Fusion and this sounds a lot like you'd want to join the Industries Circle to get the "Stage" demo with Voice and Screensharing in a sample...

Mail to: developer@photonengine.com to get in touch.