Photon Webhooks fails to load large scene/times out!

Options

Hello,

I am in the process of porting my game to WebGL, and whenever I attempt to join a room (1000+ PhotonViews) using Webhooks/Webhooks Secure, I get the following error:

Exiting receive thread (inside loop). Server: wss://GCASH1013.exitgames.com:19091/game:0 Error: An error has occurred in sending data.

Using error logging I was able to discern that PUN abruptly disconnects and spits out the above error while attempting to load the scene. UDP has no problem loading this large scene and successfully does so in ~3 seconds, but Webhooks just can't seem to do it. Are there any modifications I can make to the Webhooks code to prevent this timeout/data limit error?

Thanks!

@JohnTube

@Tobias

Answers

• Tobias
    Options

Would be interesting to know which amount of data we talk about. You could capture a wireshark pcap in the version that uses UDP. Upload that to somewhere we can access it and send a link via mail: developer@photonengine.com

In general: PUN is not really made with 1000+ PVs in mind. At the same time, we don't limit games a lot, so you are actually able to produce situations that are fine for some platforms but not for others. JS may just be too .. sluggish or throttled to handle it. That's what I'd try to figure out with a capture.

Please don't tag the team specifically.

As most of us are going on vacation, this may take until early next year to get checked.

• DarkJoltGames
    Options

@Tobias

Thanks for your response,

Is there any kind of timeout system in WebHooks that isn't in UDP? Because it seems to just abruptly disconnect while trying to register the PhotonViews.