Disconnected because InvalidAuthentication

Options

Hi:

I have question regarding PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings() with PhotonNetwork.AuthValues set to null or new AuthenticationValues(){AuthType=CustomAuthenticationType.None} while using no Authentication in dashboard.

Does it make any different to set value to null or AuthType=CustomAuthenticationType.None when using no Authentication in dashboard? and it seems sometimes causing InvalidAuthentication but not CustomAuthenticationFailed.

current plugin atPUN:2.22; Photon lib:4.1.4.5

Comments

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

Does it make any different to set value to null or AuthType=CustomAuthenticationType.None when using no Authentication in dashboard?

No.

it seems sometimes causing InvalidAuthentication

I would need a repro. It should not happen "sometimes" unless you changed the workflow... Update PUN to latest version please.

Mail us a repro and tell us the AppId for this: developer@photonengine.com

• Hello:

It turns out to be not related to PhotonNetwork.AuthValues but the available regions and the region whitelist

When client connects to a region not in whitelist, isn't it supposed to receive InvalidRegion instead InvalidAuthentication?

• Tobias
    Options

You are right, InvalidAuthentication is being returned. I would also expect InvalidRegion.

I'll check if that's by design and if we change it.