How to control a sceneView object if I am not the masterclie

Options
In a certain part of my game, the players will be presented to a number of ships which belong to the sceneView, therefore they are already instantiated in the scene. The players can choose which ship they want to control and will be controlling them by pressing the "action" button if they get close enough to them. They can drop off the ship and this ship will be available to other players to control it (like GTA series).

I see that only the masterclient can propagate the position of each ship and will not "see" the position of the other player in case it is not the masterclient that is controlling the ship.

So what is the best approach to achieve what I am designing to the game?

I had an idea which is each ship being a "fake" ship so I spawn it if the player hits the button and when they get off I destroy and position the "scene" ship in that place.

Thanks!

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    There is no simple solution at the moment. We recently got requests to solve this but didn't get to do it yet.

I wrote this in a similar topic:
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2110#p9877

"This is all client side logic, so it can be modified and changed [...] scene objects would be the best way to start, as they don't belong to a certain player. Maybe you send an RPC to the current owner to take over control and then this owner can assign someone new as owner. This way, only one player owns the object any time."

The ownership of a scene object would be an extension you write.