Can I prevent player from despawning after it's runner shuts down? [Shared Mode]

Options

I've been trying to implement a seemless session change without my character despawning. Im starting a game session using one network runner, I then spawn the player and after that, I start a second game session using a new network runner. So far so good. Once I shutdown the first runner however, the player gets despawned automatically. Is there a way to stop the player from despawning or should I spawn him again when changing sessions?

Answers

• Hi,

You should go for an approach to have a local and a networked avatar. The local one is the one the player sees and control, the networked one is spawned when the player joins the session and it mimics the position of the local character (this is only legal on shared mode). That way, the other clients will see the networked avatar of each other, but locally, you can change sessions without the local avatar being disable o lose control over it.

Also, keep in mind that every networked operation such as interactions need to go through the networked avatar.

-----

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

• TwiiXx
    Options

Thats an interesting approach. Thanks a lot for the help