Wish for some documentation for javascript api

Options
Like the topic say i wish for some documentation for the javascript API and the server v3 cause im getting a hard time to understand how this server work... because of that i may go look elsewhere. Don't want to complain since it seem really a nice server but i think its far from easy to understand the whole mechanic of it. I am the only one thinking that way ? It seem easy through if your using C# as the client...

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Honestly, the JS library is relatively low in priority because of the (still) low demand. This also means it gets less attention by us than other SDKs.
    If you could ask more concrete questions, we can answer. If that's not good for you, I can't currently change a lot :(
  • Just incredible. Low demand my ass.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Taurian: Convince us of the opposite and we're happy to spend more time on it.
  • I want to use Photon's HTML5 (Javascript) client api to connect my game to Photon Server. I want to build my application with HTML5 so I can deploy it on:
    - Facebook and utilize the Facebook Javascript SDK
    - BlackBerry WebWorks
    - Windows 8 Metro app with HTML5
    - iOS and Android with AppMobi or PhoneGap, or utilizing jqueryMobile

All of this with one code base. I'm sure a lot of people who are hoping to do the same. Facebook is pushing their Javascript SDK, Microsoft is pushing HTML5 for WindowsPhone and Windows 8 Metro apps. BlackBerry 10 applications can be built with HTML5. Desktop browsers are pushing HTML5 as the new way to build web apps with web workers/web sockets/webGL/css3 animations.

And you say there's a low demand for a Javascript API?
  • @haneef - We share seeing the general interest in JS on the aforementioned companies, services and (hardware) platforms you are mixing in here. Still, where it comes down to realtime communications, other than ascii chat that should be referred to, there for sure is a demand but techniques and toolboxes are all but mature and cross platform.

Despite that we are restarting active development on the Photon Javascript libraries right now; e.g. adding loadbalancing and Photon Cloud support. There is no ETA for the updated SDK yet.
  • Stefan wrote:
    Despite that we are restarting active development on the Photon Javascript libraries right now; e.g. adding loadbalancing and Photon Cloud support. There is no ETA for the updated SDK yet.
    Delighted to hear that, @Stefan! I can't wait! (But I will - but I hope not for too long :)