Can't Start photon server

Options
holymanz
edited September 2012 in Photon Server
My photon server can't start when i place free license with 100 CCU. I have no problem when using free with 20 CCU. It get error :

FAILED license server contact - trying next URL.
Shutdown requested from PhotonHostRuntime: Connect to Photon License Server failed, can't verify floating license.

Can someone help me?thanks..

*EDIT:
if i turned on my Wifi, i have no problem when starting Photon Server with free license w/ 100 CCU. Should i always connect to internet when i want to start photon server? thx..

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    if you use anything but the 20ccu license you must be able to reach the photon licensing server through the internet, thats correct. Otherwise it will not run.
  • Thx dreamora for your information. Can i run photon server with proxy?thank you..^^
  • dreamora
    Options
    doubt it as the photon licenses are machine IP bound and a proxy stealths that but only the support can confirm that for sure (or a staff member reading this)
  • Tobias
    Options
    Why would you need a proxy?
    I think it should work but we never actually tried. We usually shy away from extra hops to get better latency.

Most licenses are "floating" and will connect to the License Server. If you don't have inet available, just remove the license files and run with the 20CCU limit for development.
  • thx tobias.. my place use proxy to connect to internet, so i'll use photon server with 20 CCU first..^^ thank you for your information..