Can't connect on Photon Cloud or Local server

Options
zeloswilder
edited September 2012 in Photon Server
Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english.

I'm using Photon Cloud for my project in Unity (PUN). It was working well since yesterday, but now when I try to connect or create a room, Photon can't connect to the server. I'm stuck on "Connecting ..." message, which is the onConnecting state, then Photon disconnect me.

It happened when I wasn't even working on the Photon script, and when I go back to an older version of my projet, or when I try to run the PUN demo, Demo-Worker, it still don't work.

Thank you.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The cloud is working. You could check with other projects of yours.
    You can check the file PhotonServerSettings in the inspector or re-run the setup wizard.
    Does the console tell you anything? Did you try to run it for a longer time (40sec or so) to see if a timeout happens?
  • I checked other project and Photon still don't work. I did not change the file PhotonServerSettings and the file and PUN Setup Wiz still have my appID. The console only tell me:

Warning: TimoutDisconnect while connecting to: app.exitgamescloud.com:5050. Check the server if available.
    Debug: OnFailedToConnectToPhoton.StatusCode: TimeoutDisconnect
    Debug: Disconnected from Photon

I don't know where to change the time for the timeout, can you help me on this?

Edit: Even Bootcamp, the FPS on Unity using Photon is not working.
  • I can manage to connect if I try to reconnect again and again every time it's not working, but it take a long time, and I get the message "Disconnected from Photon" 3 or 4 times.

So I still need help for this, thank you.
  • dreamora
    Options
    when you disconnect wait until you got the confirmations.
    TCP sockets depending on platform and hardware can take a fair amount of time and if you try to reconnect while its still connected you will not be able to get in
  • I try to reconnect when i got disconnected from Photon, when I receive the message "Disconnected". And it's not suppose to take time to connect, when I first implemented Photon server in my Unity project, every connection were fast and I make sure to call PhotonNetwork Connect when my current state is "Disconnected".

I don't know about the hardware, here is some of my spec:

Processor Intel Xeon 8 core, 3.07 GHz
    Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Network card Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
    DDR3 12 Go
  • dreamora
    Options
    did you potentially update something?
    I would normally blame security software updates for 'phantom changes' as they normally impact exactly this kind of stuff.

The alternative could be the installation of VS 2012 / .NET 4.5 frameworks
  • I did update Adobe Reader, but I don't think this is the problem. I'm using Visual Studio 2010, Unity 3.5.5 pro and I did not touch Photon at all. When the server broke, I was coding the weapon system of my game, because my project is a video game. When I tried to play after like 1 hour of coding, the server wasn't working. And like I said, I even tried to load an old version of my project where the server worked well, or even to create a new project and load Demo-worker or bootcamp.

Also, I tried on my personal laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 with dual core i3, but I got the same problem. I tried to deactive the firewall too.
  • Hello everyone,

My Photon server suddenly started to work again, I don't know what happened. Thank you for everyone who took the time to help me. So, if someone got the same problem, just be patient, I guess it will work again after 1 or 2 days.