Serious issue on latest Unity 2021 LTS, long freezes on WebGL build

Options
Kito
Kito

Hi, we are having a serious issue using the latest 2021 LTS (2021.3.3f1) + Latest PUN2 (Nov 25, 2021) from the asset store. Our main target is WebGL using URP and WebGL 1.0. We recently upgraded our project from Unity 2019.4.16f1, but we are facing long freezes when joining a room (our best guess) on the newest Unity LTS version. However, everything works correctly on the editor.

I created 2 separate new URP projects (2019 LTS and 2021 LTS) and on each one imported PUN2 from the asset store, and then exported WebGL builds for each using the Pun Basics Tutorial demo, and we are facing the same long freezes on Unity 2021 LTS, while the 2019 build works as expected.

I have uploaded a video with a side by side comparison between builds: https://youtu.be/VpNFoqgSmWc

Comments

• Tobias
    Options

That sounds a lot like an issue in Unity or it's exports. I would check their forums, if this is a known issue.

More logs could help narrow it down. Enable the SupportLogger and up the logging levels for network and PUN. Run again and check the console. It's interesting to know where exactly it gets stuck.

• CRho
    Options

Is there any update on this issue? I have the exact same problem on 2022.2.12. WebGL build on mobile with PUN has long freezes.

• Tobias
    Options

There was zero input on this and it sounds like an issue of Unity, really. There is no known issue of PUN to cause this.

If you want us to look into this, please post all info that could be important in a new thread. Unity versions you tried, PUN versions, browsers, etc. Did you try with a demo of ours, etc.

You too, may want to get in touch with Unity about this. You can make it a bug report, if this reproduces with our demo.