What options do we have for logging?

Options

To help with the debugging I would like to optionally log from the installed VR app. Obviously it cannot log to the headset or I won't see it. I was going to write my own logging API but I see some references to Photon logging.

Is there some way to write to a log on the Photon server hosting my game? Any docs or examples I can look at? Or does anyone have a another suggestion?

Thanks.

Comments

• tleylan
    Options

Thought I'd bump the question. Is there no solution / alternative that provides the equivalent of general debug logs from an app still in testing running on other player's headsets?

• Tobias
    Options

Photon logging refers to the logs Photon classes write. The logs of clients are not sent to the server or anything.

If the headset is local, you can usually access the debug log. In Quest 2, e.g. this is done with logcat (there is a package for Unity which show logcat in the Editor, which is relatively convenient).

You could intercept all of Unity's logging and send it somewhere (live, in intervals or when the app closes) but this is not directly something we can help with.

• tleylan
    Options

Not an issue I was thinking that someone who uses Photon may opt to share their solution or recommend something they read about. In any case I have solved it and now have the option for each player to send real-time logging information to a service. Thanks.