Can we get any additional information on Photon Cloud Ports?

Options

Hi,

I'm looking into getting an app that uses photon (PUN specifically) approved in local schools and while I have sent them this: TCP and UDP Port Numbers | Photon Engine they are requesting additional information which I'm not sure where to find.

They have asked "Can you please advise the source and destination for the traffic that uses those ports. I assume the source is the local-devices / endpoints, but we will need to know the destination and protocol (UDP/TCP). This will allow us to explicitly allow the traffic based on source and destination at the firewall. Alternatively, if it is LAN based traffic (ie, device to device) we can make sure either the devices are deployed to the same segment or appropriate ACLs are in place."

Please advise if there is somewhere I can get additional information from possible or how best to answer this.

Thank you

Best Answer

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

We can not list the servers of the Photon Public Cloud. They change over time.

You can host Photon on your own server(s) with a license or order your own Enterprise Cloud if this is needed. Your game would run on machines booked for you.

For Industries and Enterprise customers, we also support WSS on port 443, which is extremely likely to be supported without whitelisting.You can order your own Enterprise Cloud if this is needed. Your game would run on machines booked for you.

This doesn't sound like the use case "game". It sounds more like an educational app. Please mail us to developer@photonengine.com to discuss how we can help and what subscription is needed.

Last but not least: exitgamescloud.com can't be used for this.

Answers

• Is the server address/endpoint app.exitgamescloud.com for a non self-hosted cloud?

Or am I heading in the completely wrong direction?

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

We can not list the servers of the Photon Public Cloud. They change over time.

You can host Photon on your own server(s) with a license or order your own Enterprise Cloud if this is needed. Your game would run on machines booked for you.

For Industries and Enterprise customers, we also support WSS on port 443, which is extremely likely to be supported without whitelisting.You can order your own Enterprise Cloud if this is needed. Your game would run on machines booked for you.

This doesn't sound like the use case "game". It sounds more like an educational app. Please mail us to developer@photonengine.com to discuss how we can help and what subscription is needed.

Last but not least: exitgamescloud.com can't be used for this.