Fusion project on Azure just won't run (nanosockets error)

Options

I can build my Unity test project, put on various local network machines and they connect to my game fine. However when I put it on Azure (Windows 10 Pro) the networking just fails. The Unity player logs have this

EntryPointNotFoundException: nanosockets_address_set_ip

So I'm wondering if there's some sort of redistributable I need to install in order to have this work?

Additionally, do I need to open firewall rules etc for this to work? I have opened all the ones I can find on the page: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/connection-and-authentication/tcp-and-udp-port-numbers

But I'm not even sure it's the right page - Fusion docs seem very limited.

Thanks

Comments

• ramonmelo
    Options

Hi @AKB ,

Sorry for the long delay.

EntryPointNotFoundException: nanosockets_address_set_ip

This error usually happens if the build does not contain the NanoSockets lib. Are you building do a different target than you usually do? Like building for Linux to run on Azure, while testing on Windows machines?

If that is the case, then make sure the libnanosockets.so is included on your build.

If the file is there and you still get the error, then we will need more information about your usage.

do I need to open firewall rules etc for this to work?

Yes, but mainly the port you use to bind your Fusion Game Server. The example below shows Fusion being started in Server mode with port 27001, so you will need to open this specific port for communication.

That should be enough to make it work.

_instanceRunner.StartGame(new StartGameArgs() {
      // ...
      GameMode = GameMode.Server,
      Address = NetAddress.Any(27001)
    });

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team

• I have a completely identical problem. How can I solve this problem?