Custom LoadBalancing

Options
xhtai4
edited August 2012 in Photon Server
Recently, I tried to modify the LoadBalancing application under src-server to add the server side logic.
When i want to rebuild the project, i found that the LoadBalancing folder under deploy folder has three folder:
GameServer1
GameServer2
Master

So, which folder should i put into Output Path?
Sorry, if this is a stupid question.

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    the one thats in there.

and then either copy the dlls and pdb manually or through a post build script as you need to copy it into all 3 folders
  • Right. You need to copy your DLLs to all folders.

There is already a kind of post-build script included: in the deploy folder, there is a MSBuild file (deploy.proj), which compiles and copies the output from the solutions in src-server to the appropriate deploy folders. You might want to use (or modify) that one if you know how to work with MSBuild. The script can be called from the deploy.prompter.cmd file. Just give it a try!

You might also want to check out the new LoadBalancing documentation: http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/LoadBalancing/ - especially the "concept" part and the "configuration & deployment" part in your case.
  • Thanks dreamora & Nicole...

deploy.prompter.cmd file is very easy to use it..
  • Hi guy, I am stuck on customize the LoadBalancing.
    What i gonna to do is:
    Customize the server side LoadBalancing to generate an array of key and send to client. The next plan is customize the PUN to receive the response from server.

Q1) where should i start to add operation on LoadBalancing. Is under Lite project or Game Server under LoadBalancing ?
    Q2) Is possible to customize PUN to call operation & receive response from custom LoadBalancing? Where should i start ?

I study the LoadBalancing code but i lost when getting deeper. Please give some advise. (I am totally newbie on Networking).Thanks~~