why TcpClient in Server SDK

Options
kevin
edited August 2012 in Photon Server
Excuse me,i am new for photon,when i read the LoadBalance example,i feel some puzzle,the TcpClient belong to the ServerToServer namespace(Server SDK) ,so:

how can i use TcpClient in non-.net Client SDK?
or the TcpClient is only re-implenment PhotonPeer for the LoadBalance testClient example,in my application for other clients,we only use PhotonPeer?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The server's TCP client is meant to be used between servers. They are often in the same (physical) location, so TCP is fine for that. It's not meant to be used on the client side, aside from our testing apps, etc.

Use the client SDK fitting your target platform. Those are here:
    http://www.exitgames.com/Download/Photon

The LoadBalancing workflow has specific operations and events which must be supported by the client side. We built LoadBalancing APIs for several platforms and languages. If you target a platform that's doesn't have a LoadBalancing API in the client SDK, let us know you need it and we find a solution.
  • kevin
    Options
    I can't find LoadBalancing API in DotNet and Unity Client SDK,need i to re-define these event and response code?
  • Tobias
    Options
    The LoadBalancing implementation is available in source in the client SDKs. It's not in the dlls, so you have to import the source to your project (or compile a lib).
    Location in the Photon-Unity3D_v3-0-1-12_SDK.zip: \demo-loadbalancing-unity\Assets\LoadbalancingApi\