InstanceLoadBalancing won't start

Options
Jan
Jan
edited July 2012 in Photon Server
Hi,
i'm fairly new to photon so excuse me if thats a stupid issue:

when i start the instance load balancing service absolutely nothing happens...

it worked a few days ago before i had to delete my photon server sdk folder (v3) and re-downloaded it...

so i just cant figure out if its some kind of bug or its due to my server setup...

thanks

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Maybe you didn't download your license again and it's not there?

You should take a look at the logs. Photon usually gives a hint why it's not starting.
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... ng_started

The start precedure:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... ng_started
  • Jan
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply,

i double checked the licence and it is in the correct windows folder in the deploy dictionary.

the logs don't output anything :(
  • Tobias
    Options
    There is always a log. Really.
    Does your machine meet the requirements? DotNet 3.5 runtime installed, etc.?
  • Jan
    Options
    yes, dotnet is installed and my machine meets the requirements

and it worked fine until the new download...

this is the only log i get...
    2012-07-01 23:07:21,482 [ 1] DEBUG PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager - PhotonDomainManager created

when i hit start loadbalancing in the control panel it seems photon doesn't even try to start...there is no progress in the icon, nothing.

i tried to download it again but the problem remains.
  • dreamora
    Options
    did you source modify the loadbalancing instance?
    if so keep in mind that you must rebuild your application again, as it is otherwise bound against the old photon libraries and will not be able to create a domain on the new version of photon.
    The log in that case might at best show that the assembly version was wrong, at worst though only that the appdomain couldn't be created for domain 0
  • Tobias
    Options
    Please attach the whole log. Hide your IP by replacing it with xyz or something.
    This single line is not helping me help you.
  • no7boy
    Options
    Hi. I got the same problem. It was running fine a few days ago. Then I can't start PhotonInstance1 and Loadbalancing at the same time.
    If I load each, it's fine, but not both. It said, the port is occupied.
    I tried remove the port 5055,843,943, etc in either one of the 2, it can start but not functioning properly.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated.
  • no7boy
    Options
    To be more precise. I got error 100048, only one usage of the port is allowed
  • Tobias
    Options
    no7boy: Instance1 and LoadBalancing are different server side applications. They provide different logic to get into games, etc and usually there is no need to start both at the same time and it's not possible, either.

LoadBalancing offers the same logic as the Photon Cloud but can be modified.
    Instance1 starts multiple applications (to be selected by the appID) like Lite (boilerplate simple project) and LiteLobby, etc.