Are there any best practices for sending Analytics about game to my server?

Options
I have a game in development that has several mini-games.
I created a room in Photon, and in that room, I can play several mini-games.
I would like to count of how many times each mode has been played. Is there a good way to send this information to my server from PhotonCloud?

I read the documentation for Webhooks, but it doesn't look like it is intended for this kind of use.

I thought about sending it directly from the client, but I didn't want to create a new connection on the client. And we thought it would be more accurate to send it from the server.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @kyubuns,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    I read the documentation for Webhooks, but it doesn't look like it is intended for this kind of use.
    No, actually Webhooks could be used for this.
    I created a room in Photon, and in that room, I can play several mini-games.
    If you can have a room per mini-game that would be perfect. You could make a lobby per mini-game type and make use of lobby stats (client side).
    If you can't how do you play mini-games? do you use RPC? RaiseEvent or SetProperties to announce start of mini-game? ideally you use RaiseEvent and forward it as a webhook to count it.
    There are also WebRPCs if you want to avoid another connection on the client.
  • kyubuns
    Options
    I see!
    I think I can make this happen!
    Thank you!