One Mapp(One Master) and every Player join on the Master

Options
Hello,

I have read the documentation . Only I can not figure out one thing. I do not want to have multiple lobbies, but I want to have a master (server build) on which then each player can join. This is because I want to make an open map on which everyone can play multiplayer. How can I implement this. Which methods and classes do I need for the server (master) and which for the player (client).
or where can I read about it ?

Thanks a lot :)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    For this type of game, PUN is the wrong tool. It's not meant to build open world type of games and all connections are relayed.

You can have a look at Photon Bolt, which can be hosted as server for a world. It is good for maybe 32 or 50 players, depending on how careful you create the interactions.
  • FlorianWpw
    Options
    Thanks :) That Helps a Lot. I Testet 3 Days Photon Realtime but with the Rooms its not that what i will. I Test Photon Bolt and i hope that works for me :)
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited March 2021
    Options
    This type of game can be quite a challenge to make. Bolt is also not a blueprint for this, so it's more work than swapping out some assets. But it's capable enough to get done.
    These games are done with Bolt.

Note: We are working on a new networking solution, which might also work out: Fusion. But it's not ready yet.
  • FlorianWpw
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Bolt works for first fine , but i had a Problem with the SetDestination method on Navmesh. If that works its okay to work with Bolt (Problem found :smile: )