all actor with one peer problem

Options
oman
oman
edited June 2012 in Photon Server
In my project, all the player client connect to the gateway server, and the gateway server transmit all players' game data to the logic server with one serverPeer, of course all the actor and item object is handled in the logtic server, is there any problem this way ?(thus the logtic server is not one actor vs one peer)

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    There is no problem this way beside two things that you should keep in mind:
    1. The forwarding means that you have more traffic to handle in your cluster too
    2. Most of the photon licenses are per application and per machine, so setting up more than 1 machine means you need more than 1 license too
  • Philip
    Options
    Why do you need this architecture?

I know its an architecture used by some of our customers and it works. But its not as easy as it sounds - so I would really think twice if you really want to go that path.
    To start with none of the applications we provide will work out of the box because they are tightly integrated with the peer concept (Lite for instance).

The most difficult part is to get the peer (representation of the players-connection) lifecycle right. And you have to deal with connection losses between your front-end and backend.