Silverlight Photon Connection Problem

Options
Herhangi
edited June 2012 in DotNet
Hello Photon Family,
I am a new comer, working on a huge silverlight project and trying to move our system to Photon Server.
I am having an issue that creates exception on each peer.Service() call, and if you look carefully you can see that we are getting the problem even before Connected message from the server. By the way server doesn't show any error, and it is logging on DEBUG level.
XXXViewModel: ChatLogin: Connection request sent!
'iexplore.exe' (Silverlight): Loaded 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.10411.0\tr\mscorlib.resources.dll'
XXXViewModel: DebugReturn: Level: ERROR
Message: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   konum System.Net.AlternativeMarshaller.UnsafeAddrOfPinnedArrayElement(Byte[] byteArray, Int32 offset)
   konum System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.SetupOverlappedSingle(Boolean pinSingleBuffer)
   konum System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CheckPinSingleBuffer(Boolean pinUsersBuffer)
   konum System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.SetBufferInternal(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   konum System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.SetBuffer(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   konum ExitGames.Client.Photon.TConnect.SendAsync(Byte[] opData)
   konum ExitGames.Client.Photon.TConnect.sendTcp(Byte[] opData)
   konum ExitGames.Client.Photon.TPeer.sendData(Byte[] data)
XXXViewModel: OnStatusChanged: Photon status updated to: Connect
I have read all the dlls but it doesn't even seem to this problem be possible because it double checks everything but it happens. I will be glad if you can help. Thanks.

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    sure you opened up all required ports for forwarding? That means 4530 for Lite, 4530,4531,4532 for LoadBalancing and in any case also 943 for silverlight socket policy verification? (all tcp)

and naturally that the adress is reachable at all
  • Tobias
    Options
    "OnStatusChanged: Photon status updated to: Connect"
    The client connected and then crashes?
    The stacktrace points to some issue in SendAcync. Which versions of Silverlight and the client SDKs are you using?

Can you tell us some more about the project?
  • Herhangi
    Options
    I am using latest version of Photon-WindowsPhone SDK and Silverlight 4.
    This problem does not cause any crash on client, it works normally. It just throws an exception on each peer.Service() call if the buffer is empty.
    And our automatic exception handler handles all these exceptions and sends as a problem to server.

By the way, I am using port 4528 for TCP server and configured everything so It can be seen It is connecting normally to the server.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We didn't try the Windows Phone SDK in SL4 but we can do that.
    The new info should help doing that. Please bear with us a few days to check this out.

Any info you can provide about your project? You can also mail us: developer@exitgames.com.
  • Herhangi
    Options
    As I saw, only library that is supported by Silverlight is Windows Phone SDK. If there is another I can try it but I can not find it.

I am sending the basic client code to you, so that you can investigate the issue.
    Thanks for your helps.
  • Tobias
    Options
    This conversation moved from forum to mail but I wanted to update everyone else:
    I sent Herhangi a lib to try. This fixed the issue for my tests.
    When this is successful, we will update the client SDKs next week.
  • billTCP
    Options
    Hi Tobias, do you mean that this error is caused because of the problem in the client sdk? I have this err appeared in the .NET client too. Do you wanna have a look at it too?
    My post is here:
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1722&p=8071#p8071
    Thanks~
  • Tobias
    Options
    Yes, this error was caused by the client sdk and we have a fix for that which we will be in the next SDK release.