Photon Lite examples

Options
Fratyr
edited May 2012 in Photon Server
Hey,

I'm trying to figure out how to build and use post-build script for integrated Photon Lite application and all the projects in that solution.

Can anybody point me to where to read about it?

First, I want to build it the way it should be built, so it copies the content of "assets" folder for example, into Photon's deploy folder after building
Second, I would like to try it with Unity3D, but seems like I'm struggling in finding an example of how simply start using it as Unity client.
Third, What is the difference between Lite, Lite.Test, MyApplication, should all of them be built into deploy/Lite/bin folders or not

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    You can not use unity within Photon nor vice versa.

The Photon deploy folder is for the server side only, a place where Unity does not exist.
    The Photon server sdk on the other hand does not contain anything of relevance to the unity client (unless you keep the client sdk there and don't use Photon Unity Networking), that part is kept within the Unity project.

But I might be missunderstanding you.
  • Fratyr
    Options
    Yes, I think I confused you.

Actually I've found LiteLobby demo for Unity, that's what I was looking for. Though things are still unclear for the server side, so I gave up on this idea and started everything from scratch to understand what to do in the server side, and later I will write a simple Unity client to talk with my server.

Where's the technical documentation for Photon?
    I would like to see what does ApplicationBase, IOperationHandler, etc... But.. the documentation on the website is not technical at all :|
    There must be a resource like php.net/function_name to search for explanation and examples. ;-)

There is? No? Maybe I should start such a website.. :)
  • dreamora
    Options
    There is technical documentation, thats the CHM that comes along the server sdk which contains the class reference of the relevant functionality.

Though its low level and not needfully required to modify the lobby - lite application for example