Updating PUN makes Multiplayer VRTK player's model stops moving

Options
I found this https://github.com/Kahzn/MUVRTK project which uses VRTK and Photon to make VR Multiplayer game.

I download, make the build, and everything looks fine UNTIL I update the Photon Asset to the current PUN v2.22 (The project is using PUN v2.5), because I want to use Photon Voice 2.

The issue:
Tested on Assets/MUVRTK/Examples/scene 06 - SharedAwareness. This scene has a green cube object which will change color into more light if more players stare at it.

I move 2 players to stare at the green cube. It turns brighter twice. But the player only see the other player's model/avatar (which is just like floating sphere) stays at (0, 0, 0) which is on floor.
It doesn't show log error, it just doesn't move the model, but somehow move this 'trigger stare green cube to make it brighter'.

This doesn't happen when I stays at PUN v2.5, both players can see each other move. Any idea what could be the problem?

Answers

• Jackey
    Options
    Me too with new version pun
  • Tobias
    Options
    It could be related to a change in PhotonTransformView.
    This recently changed to use local positions and rotations for syncing, which is known to interfere with VR setups.

We just added an option to revert to using world transform data. I'm not sure that's it but I would start with testing that. You can use this code.

Let us know how this does.