Error CS0246 when attempting to build UWP for Hololens2 in Unity 2019

Options
Hi,

As the title indicates, I'm getting 100+ CS0246 (missing namespace reference) errors when I attempt to build for Universal Windows Platform (Hololens2) in Unity 2019.4.x. I'm running the latest version of Photon PUN 2 (2.22).

eg:
Assets\Photon\PhotonChat\Code\ChatAppSettings.cs(17,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Not sure what is causing this as when I view the "problem" Photon scripts in VS 2019, no errors are showing up in the code.

Has anyone else experienced this or have an idea on how I can resolve this?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hi @OdoVR,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

If you don't use Photon Chat try removing it completely and rebuild.
    Remove whole folder "Assets\Photon\PhotonChat".
  • OdoVR
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube,

Thank you for your response and advise. Unfortunately, removing Photon Chat has only reduced the namespace errors but not eliminated it (114 errors down to 77 errors).

I'm seeing this error being generated for various PhotonRealtime scripts.

Some examples:

Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\AppSettings.cs(20,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\Extensions.cs(27,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\FriendInfo.cs(21,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\LoadBalancingClient.cs(30,23): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ExitGames' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

On a side note, these errors only generate when I attempt to make a build. If I simply hit the PLAY button in the Unity Editor, there is no issue. Unfortunately, I need to build as I am deploying this application to the Hololens2.

Do you have any further suggestions I could try?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @OdoVR,

Please try the fix here.
  • OdoVR
    Options
    @JohnTube thank you very much for your help, this fixed it!!