Custom Room Properties not updating

Options
So I have an odd issue where I have a game with different game types to choose from(deathmatch and ctf so far) and I'm trying to store the selected mode in a custom room property while people are joined the room. By default I have the mode set to deathmatch and when I press a different mode button I use the following to update the custom room properties
ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable newProperties = PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties;
newProperties["Mode"] = selectedMode;
PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.SetCustomProperties(PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.CustomProperties, newProperties );

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I can confirm the property is updated to the new mode on the master, however when testing this with another client, I find the properties are not updated on that instance. I was under the impression that room properties were automatically synced with everyone in the room, but maybe I'm wrong, if so I can just as easily use an rpc to update the properties, but I want to confirm whether I'm doing this wrong first.

Comments