InstanceLoadBalancing issue

Options
Flynn
edited August 2012 in Photon Server
When running InstanceLoadBalancing, and using the Unity Bootcamp demo, I am getting hte following error:

The address for the game-server which was returned by the master-server points to your machine, is this intended? Please edit your game-server config accordingly and build/restart.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I've followed all the instructions as best as I can, could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong (or tell me what information I need to provide to fix this)

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    sure its an error not a warning?
    cause thats what the loadbalancing actually should be setup at the beginning and its perfectly fine.
  • Flynn
    Options
    Hello, Dreamora! :) Thankyou uso much for the reply...

First of all, just to clear up confusion, I am running the server on a remote dedicated server, and on top of that, I am trying to get two clients to connect to each other remotely.

Whenever my tester or I starts a server, in the Unity bootcamp demo, the error/warning is displayed On screen, and clicking ignore results in... Nothing happening. The screen is simply black! It seems the game cannot recover, and looking in my console shows a System.Sockets.ConnectionRefused log (or something like that) whenever I try to start a server myself.

What is further confusing is, if I run the InstanceLoadBalancing server, then run the testclient, I can see all of the testclient games from within the Unity demo! But I am still unable to start one for myself due to this blinking error
  • dreamora
    Options
    Ah when you move it to a dedicated server there are multiple things you need to do:

1. Change the IP in the client (obviously ;))
    2. You need to go to the photon servers bin/loadbalancing/gameserver1 and gameserver2 folders and change the public ip there to the one of your remote machine. normally its localhost / 127.0.0.1 and that will only work locally
  • Flynn
    Options
    Hi! :) I went to:
    ExitGames-Photon-Server-SDK_v3-0-24-3243-RC9/deploy/Loadbalancing/GameServer1/bin/Photon.LoadBalancing.dll //(yes, the xml file is apparently affixed with .dll)

as well as:
    ExitGames-Photon-Server-SDK_v3-0-24-3243-RC9/deploy/Loadbalancing/GameServer2/bin/Photon.LoadBalancing.dll

And, in both files, changed:
    <!-- Set to the IP Address of the Photon instance where your Master application is running. -->
                <setting name="MasterIPAddress" serializeAs="String">
                    <value>127.0.0.1</value>
                </setting>

and

<setting name="PublicIPAddress" serializeAs="String">
    				<value>127.0.0.1</value>
    			</setting>

To have the public IP of my dedicated machine. I am still getting the same errors as before :(
  • dreamora
    Options
    you must NOT touch the master server ip unless its really something else but 127.0.0.1 which is never the case with only 1 machine and the regular license.

Only change the public IP and ensure that the ports 5055, 5056, 5057 UDP and 4530, 4531, 4532 TCP are forwarded to the machine / open for photon - in addition when you use flash or unity webplayer, you must forward tcp 843, for silverlight tcp 943
  • Flynn
    Options
    Thank you, Dreamora! It appears to be working! I did not realize I needed those extra ports unblocked.... Very good to know, thank you :) I will have to confer with my tester to be positive things are 100% in order, buut, no errors so far :)
  • Flynn
    Options
    Unfortunately, when my tester or I creates a game, it does not appear on the server list. However, when I run the testclient, games are created! But all the players that join end up joining only the first game on the testclient. The other games never get joined... very strange
  • dreamora
    Options
    Are you sure to use a cloud capable client sdk or in case of Unity Photon Unity Networking from the asset store?
  • Flynn
    Options
    I am using the bootcamp demo from the asset store
  • dreamora
    dreamora
    edited May 2012
    Options
    removed, please see tobias posting below which contains the up to date information
  • Tobias
    Options
    We (silently?!) updated the Bootcamp Demo in the Asset Store.
    It is compatible with Photon v3 and also with the Photon Cloud Service.
    The package no longer contains it's own server package - instead download the latest Photon v3 Server SDK and run the "Instance LoadBalancing". No compilation or coding necessary, you can host the server on almost any Windows machine.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Flynn wrote:
    Unfortunately, when my tester or I creates a game, it does not appear on the server list. However, when I run the testclient, games are created! But all the players that join end up joining only the first game on the testclient. The other games never get joined... very strange

Please check the console output. Some problems can be identified and solved by that output.
    You have to build your clients with the server's public IP to connect to it. 127.0.0.1 always points to "this" machine.
    Can you summarize (again, to refresh) what you tried and where you failed with info that's potentially in the console?
  • dreamora
    Options
    Tobias wrote:
    We (silently?!) updated the Bootcamp Demo in the Asset Store.

Thanks, updated my posting
  • Flynn wrote:

Hi, Flynn
    how did you solve this problem? I am now facing the problem as you post before , can you give me a details description on how to solve this?
  • Tobias
    Options
    xhtai4:
    If you can't solve the issue, feel free to create a new topic on that and provide some info:
    Are you using Photon Cloud or hosting yourself? Are the clients in the same network as the server? How do you reproduce the issue? etc.
    Anything you feel could help solve this is appreciated.