client present on PUN classic and PUN 2 are not match making

Options
I have two unity clients and each are creatingOrJoining to same room name in same region(eu).
Only difference between them is that one client is using PUN classic and other client is using PUN 2.
They both are not able to connect to each other. Is it expected behaviour?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @raviuee,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

This is the expected behaviour yes.
    Read more here.
  • raviuee
    raviuee
    edited May 2020
    Options
    In new client with PUN 2, If i set the app version same as old client by using PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.AppVersion = "1_1.8.0", then it should connect. right?
  • Tobias
    Options
    Then it should connect and your clients will not understand one another, yes.

We change the internals of RPCs and or PhotonView synchronization from time to time (to improve this). PUN 2 and PUN Classic definitely don't understand one another.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @raviuee,

The important bit was already highlighted by @Tobias : PUN Classic and PUN 2 are not compatible if you use PUN exclusive/specific (PhotonView related) features. They could in theory be compatible if you use RaiseEvent and SetProperties only w/ a few differences.

I wanted to answer this:
    if you set PhotonNetwork.PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings.AppVersion = "1_1.8.0" in PUN 2 latest v2.18.1 then PUN will set the AppVersion to "1_1.8.0_2.18.1".