Synchronising weapons using CustomPlayerProperties?

Options
Hey, i'm trying to synchronise each player's loadout between them and the system I'm using uses CustomPlayerProperties. Here's what I've got now:
void Start()
    {
        //Set the weapon properties
        SetupWeapons();
    }

This is the SetupWeapons() method:
public void SetupWeapons()
    {
        if(view.isMine)
        {
            //Basically cramming everything into one string.
            //Should look like BODY:(body)|BARREL:(barrel)|OB:(overbarrel)|UB:(underbarrel)

string WeaponString = "BODY:" + WeaponManager.instance.ourWeapon.body + "|" + "BARREL:" + WeaponManager.instance.ourWeapon.barrel;
            if (WeaponManager.instance.ourWeapon.overBarrel != null)
            {
                WeaponString += "|OB:" + WeaponManager.instance.ourWeapon.overBarrel;
            }
            if (WeaponManager.instance.ourWeapon.underBarrel != null)
            {
                WeaponString += "|UB:" + WeaponManager.instance.ourWeapon.underBarrel;
            }
            ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable props = new ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable();
            props.Add("Weapon 1", WeaponString);
            PhotonNetwork.player.SetCustomProperties(props);

//LoadWeapon((string)view.owner.CustomProperties["Weapon 1"]);
        }
    }

I'm a bit stuck as this is done when the player spawns, so later players don't get this. Any help? I essentially just want to send the weapon property on start, and for other players to get it.

Answers

• LeytonMate
    Options
    Then, to get the properties, it uses OnPhotonPlayerPropertiesUpdate() to get the property for the weapon and instantiate the parts.
    public override void OnPhotonPlayerPropertiesChanged(object[] changedProps)
        {
            PhotonPlayer player = changedProps[0] as PhotonPlayer;
            print(player.NickName);
            ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable props = changedProps[1] as ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable;
            //Is the prop's owner us?
            if (view.owner == player)
                weapnDebugText.text = props["Weapon 1"].ToString(); //set the text above our head to our weapon string, debugging purposes

//{
            //    //If so, load the weapon
            //    ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable props = changedProps[1] as ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable;
            //}
        }

for some reason, the guy who joins after doesn't get his text updated?
  • LeytonMate
    Options
    bump