Need advice regarding an issue with my game using Photon

Options

Hello, first post here. Ive been developing a succesful simulation game called EmergeNYC (you can find hundreds of videos of the game online) for the last 5 years and the multiplayer in the game has been plagued by an issue. We are using Photon for the multiplayer. The game is a simulation of firefighters and cops in NYC and a big part of the game is driving around the firetrucks thru the streets and using the sirens and horns. All this works flawlessly in singleplayer but when we get to Multiplayer is when issues arise. We are using RPCs to call a play function on an audiosource for the horns and all works well while all players are stationary in their trucks. However when all the players are driving responding to a call, pressing the horn key only sounds the horn maybe once out of 10 times. For years we thought this issue had to do with the audio sync code and we made dozens of iterations on the code. However just yesterday I realized it was only happening when everyone waa driving around. When we all stopped our trucks and tested the sirens and horns they worked fine. Im not an expert by any means so excuse my terminology, My theory and my programmers theory is that all the RPCs get backed up or arent sent because the trucks positions are being sent over. What are work arounds for this? If anyone is able to help us please email me or reach out to me. I will pay well as this is an issue ive been trying to have resolved for years and really ruins the multiplayer experience. Email me: rafaelmfernandez@yahoo.com Please and thanks! There has to be a way to up the amount and speed of data that is sent over the server especially when its simple things as position and a simple play audio source function.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.