Is PUN the right choice? Noob Question.

Options
Hi guys,
I am very new to multiplayer game development. I have been working on a multiplayer, browser-based, table-top style game which allows players to interact on a minimal basis (some turn based combat, and sharing of resources).

At the moment I have been doing everything using HTTP and a web-service, but now I am looking at PUN as it helps with a lot of the server/scalability requirements.

So basically my question would be, is PUN a good option where you have one big open game world which is always running, where players will join/leave at various times? Keep in mind that the visualization is minimal, so no 3D rigid-bodies or animations or anything like that.

Thanks

Comments

• Duck
    Options
    Hello @Jakes

It depends on your needs. But Photon actually definitely held their promise to make Multiplayer simple. They have a good documentation and it's not so hard to understand, but it's also not very easy. Not because it's Photon, it's because it is Networking and that's not so easy in general. But if you get it once, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

They implemented many useful things and I have a very good experience with Photon.
    I would definitely suggest it. Take a look at it.