Start Scene Menu Not Working In New Version

Options
Hi, I have been using Bolt for a few months now, and on my older project I am using Bolt 1.2.10 which seems to work fine for me. I have made a new project and installed Bolt and got a newer version (1.2.12) and it seems that the "Scenes" tab has changed. Now, when I click Debug Start, with the client number set to 1, only the editor runs as server, and no clients pop up. I have also noticed the "Scenes" tab is different now, with the option to "Play as Single Player" which is not on my old version.

Not sure if there is a setting I need to change to make other windows pop up.
Thanks, Joe

Comments

• ramonmelo
    Options
    Hello @jafioti ,

Can you describe your setup?
    - Unity Version
    - OS version
  • jafioti
    Options
    @ramonmelo I am using Unity version 2019.2.1f1 on Windows 10. I am targeting Oculus as the build platform. It works normal on the older version of Bolt
  • ramonmelo
    Options
    Hello @jafioti ,

We are looking into the issue you described.
    Thanks for your feedback.
  • ramonmelo
    Options
    Hello @jafioti ,

We are not able to reproduce your behavior on any of our tests.
    We've tested both on Windows and macOS machines, running Unity 2017.4.38f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.2.19f1, and 2019.3.0f6 without any issues. In all cases, we are able to run the "Debug Start" as usual.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior on another Unity version of even on another computer?
  • jafioti
    Options
    Oddly enough, I could not reproduce it in a new project of any version, so I believe it is a problem local to my project. What do you think may be causing this effect?
  • ramonmelo
    Options
    Hello @jafioti ,

Please, take a look on the Update Instructions: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/bolt/current/getting-started/upgrading

In order to update Bolt, you need to follow some steps.
    Also, verify if you have write permission to the folder you are running the project.
  • jafioti
    Options
    I up;graded and I get an error: Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors. Is this an error sent out by Bolt? I am also getting another error: Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified. Not sure if this is bolt either.
  • jafioti
    Options
    Those errors happen when I try to run the game with "Debug Start", not when I try to upgrade. Upgrading was successful.
  • ramonmelo
    Options
    Hello @jafioti ,

The exceptions you are seeing seems to be Unity related. When you click the "Debug Start", Bolt will use the Unity API to create a new Standalone version of your game based on the Scene you have selected, and if you have any errors on any script in your project, this step will fail. The second exception (Win32Exception) may be related to the lack of write permission when creating the necessary files.

Please, send us an email with the full stack traces of the exceptions you are seeing to "developer@photonengine.com" so we can take a better look.

Thanks. Have a nice day.
  • jafioti
    Options
    I have fixed those errors, now there are no errors appearing for me. I still can't get the other windows to open though.
  • jafioti
    Options
    I think the problem is because I can't see the Debug Start button. I will send an email to support.
  • jafioti
    Options
    @ramonmelo I'm sorry for all the bother, I just figured out what was causing this problem and it's embarrassing. I was clicking "Play as Server" because it was the furthest button to the right and "Debug Start" was not visible. Turns out I didnt have the window sized properly, and I didn't notice the scroll bar to reveal the "Debug Start" button. It works great now. Thanks again for all the help!
  • ramonmelo
    Options
    Hello @jafioti ,

Great that you have it working properly.
    We may redesign a bit the Bolt Scenes Windows so this may not happen again.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Have a nice day.
This discussion has been closed.