How to increase time till you are kicked from a room due to not responding?

Options
A standard way to debug a multiplayer session is to launch a build and an editor at the same time and hit a breakpoint in Visual Studio to see what is going on. Sadly PUN kicks out all the clients that hit the breakpoint if you don't continue running the game almost immediately. Is there a way to increase the timeout interval to prevent this?

Comments

• cubrman
    Options
    So no answer? I really need to solve this problem. Could you at least suggest something?
  • cubrman
    Options
    I am still waiting for an answer.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @cubrman,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

This is possible only when connecting to a self-hosted Photon Server as shown here.
  • cubrman
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the response! It says "set hosting to 'Self Hosted'" but I cannot find that option anywhere in the server settings. Does it mean that setting your own IP and port is enough?
  • cubrman
    Options
    Also I cannot find "PhotonServer.config" anywhere, is your documentation outdated?
  • cubrman
    Options
    No I cannot use your advise: I've set 127.0.0.1 as the IP, unchecked "Use Name Server" and set the protocol to tcp - now I simply cannot create room at all.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @cubrman,

You need to download Photon Server and run it yourself somewhere and connect to it.