How do i Child a photon player to another object (vehicle)

Options
Heyy guys, I've been struggling with a problem in my VR title for almost two years on and off now and cannot seem to find any info on this topic. I've seen it done in games like Fortnite and many others where you can enter a car in all four seats and you can still see and control your characters body. This is unlike like grand theft auto where they just put a fake temporary character in the car. I have every part of it figured out besides the player becoming a child of the seat of the car. I was easily able to child a weapon or other object to the players hand with no problem, but when i try to child the player to the vehicle it's almost as if it can't be done in the same way.

A similar example of this is the when the character sits down and becomes a child of a chair in VRChat. My only option so far has been to buy a similar asset for this on the asset store but would like to avoid that if i can. So far I tried using an RPC and finding the vehicle GameObject with its viewID.

I also tried a script here at https://forum.unity.com/threads/solved-how-to-set-transform-parent-via-rpc.31336/ that syncs the parent of the object online with no luck. i can get in the car locally and everything works great. I'm even using VRIK and was able to make the pelvis and feet target lock in the vehicle so just your head chest and arms move to be able to control the vehicle. Also i know everything works online perfectly except the parenting part because i was able to see the player floating in the air driving an invisible car locked at World 0,0,0.

P.S. I understand takeovers, RPCs, and using OnPhotonSerializeView, also this is my first time posting on a forum so i apologize if the wording is incorrect. if you need more info please let me know. I feel like i am just missing something simple. Thank you so much in advanced this has had me stressing quite a bit so i hope someone can help me!!! :smile: