Auto Open/Create Room With Specific ID

Options
Hi,
I have used the Photon server DOTNET SDK to create a game. In that game, I am trying to organize tournament which starts at a specific time, I am able to create the tournament room when at least 1 player who has registered in the tournament is online but if in a situation if all players are signed out the server has to start the tournament(or open room) at appropriate time how can I implement such a logic through which I can create a room at specific time with specific ID and no actors being present in room so that when players sign in they can automatically join the tournament.
Should I use timers? I need some direction
Thanks

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @Shivendra

this is not really possible, Only player may create game. It is not possible to create room without players

best,
    ilya
  • Shivendra
    Options
    Hi @Ilya,
    can you suggest some method based on the use case that I have mentioned because I have seen products that work this way I am not sure how they are achieving this?
    Thanks
  • Tobias
    Options
    The room can be created on the fly. You absolutely don't have to create a room server-side for anyone to join.
    If you have a tournament server, let it make up a room name. Clients who want to participate in the tournament, can fetch this room name when the tournament is about to start. Then use JoinOrCreateRoom(externallyAssignedRoomName) in any client to join (or create) the room on the fly.

This is *much* cheaper than modifying Photon just to create an empty room which is not needed.
  • chvetsov
    Options
    @Shivendra I do not know how they managed to do so.
    the only way I see is EmptyRoomTTL. if it is set rooms stays for some time. But after that if nobody inside it will be closed

best,
    ilya