Reduce Ping btwn Client and Master

Options
Storm
Storm
Hello,

The clients have around 70-100ms ping to photon server. When the game starts, master becomes the host with 0 ping since it controls the game, client syncronize from master and its not so perfect although I did some effects to hide them.

So, to make them equal and better, what should I do? I guess, I should create a photon server right? Because, the traffic btwn the server and clients will be better then connection btwn client-master? If the answer is yes, I need a server, should I host it myself or do I have alternatives?

Cheers,

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hi @Storm,
    master becomes the host with 0 ping
    Master client is just another client connected to the same dedicated servers. So all clients have connections to the servers and only the servers. No direct connections between clients and no true 'host' per se.
  • Storm
    Options
    Hi John,

I got your point but I could not describe my question. Lets imagine an animated object and the animation is controlled by masterclient, the other clients just syncronize the position, rot,ani etc... so all variables are perfectly smooth in master but this is not the case for the clients.

So, can I improve this via some kind of server or any other alternative?
  • L3sc
    Options
    Hi Storm,
    Your master client has ping but doesn't affect at all because master c. controlling object byself but effect is visible when you sent rpc or something like what you want to pass another client.
  • Storm
    Options
    Thnx L3sc, I got your point but this does not answer my question at all :)