RPC With 1K-50K players

Options
Hello, i have game already publish in IOS & google play and i used PUN, and this game just depends to RPC to send & received the result.

I plan to made in next update "League - General questions competition" and there is gifts (cash prizes , ps4 , mobile... etc), and i am expect come 1k to 50 players.

My question :
1- Dose photon RPC work with 50K players ?
2- What about price? if i want to use 50K CCU just in 10 min every day! and at the beginning of the update maybe just come 300 player ccu, i just do I calculate for maximum case.

Notify me if alternative options are available.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mahmoud93p,

You need Photon Chat for this.
    Photon Realtime (PUN) does not support broadcast to a large number of clients.
  • mahmoud93p
    Options
    JohnTube wrote: »
    Hi @mahmoud93p,

You need Photon Chat for this.
    Photon Realtime (PUN) does not support broadcast to a large number of clients.

Photon Chat 2000 ccu 170$ month and i see after that photon take 0.14$ per ccu
    So if i have 30000 ccu * 0.14$ = 4200$ and this number is big for me!!

And i see (photon server self hosted ) unlimited ccu 175$ month! i think photon server is good price for me but the question does photon server self hosted with PUN plugin support 30K players "RPC" ?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    question does photon server self hosted with PUN plugin support 30K players "RPC" ?
    Not it doesn't, unless you make your own custom server logic to allow this.
    The default LoadBalancing application code and architecture are not meant to allow too many clients per room.
  • mahmoud93p
    Options
    JohnTube wrote: »
    question does photon server self hosted with PUN plugin support 30K players "RPC" ?
    Not it doesn't, unless you make your own custom server logic to allow this.
    The default LoadBalancing application code and architecture are not meant to allow too many clients per room.

how to ! photon server say you have unlimited ccu for 175$ ! that is mean you can have unlimited players !
    But do you mean there is limit for etch room ? and how much the limit ?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mahmoud93p,

There is no hard or license limit.
    In theory, rooms can have unlimited infinite number of players.

In practice however, the hardware no matter how top of the line, will set the limits.
    Read this and this.