LocalNetwork Connection failure.

Options
beQr
edited March 2012 in DotNet
Hi there,

I m working on a multiplayer unity game, still one the technology choice phase. So I've been going through Photon development for the server side and network management for the game. I ve been interested in the cjrgaming tutorial that helped me a lot for building a server from scratch. The server and the client (unity based) work fine, connection and requests/answers work well. The problem is that all this only work on a localmachine (client = server), so when I tried to test these on local network, the remote client cannot connect to the server. I ve been facing the same problem when testing the AngryBots demo on a local network. Now all firewalls are shutdown, and the connection settings are OK. Any suggestions / solutions ??

P.S : remote client successfully pings the server's IP

Thx for answering.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    It must be some config setting or a firewall or router issue. Windows has it's own firewall, as have some virus protection suites.
    If a client connects locally (with the same public or network IP others should use) but it doesn't work on remote machines, then check routers, etc.

Sorry. I can't help much more at the moment.
  • dreamora
    Options
    There is additional potential problem and thats portforwarding in the router. You must set it up or it will not be reachable. PINGs operate on ICMP, not as TCP / UDP connections.

For photon to be surely reachable, ensure that UDP 5055 as well as TCP 4530, 843 (unity / flash socket policy) and 943 (silverlight policy) are forwarded to the server machine.