(bug) Random matchmaking does not work with OnePlus 6t, but with every other device

Options
I have an really odd problem regarding random matchmaking using the example code from https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/lobby-and-matchmaking/matchmaking-and-lobby
I use this part to join a room:

ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable expectedCustomRoomProperties = new ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable() { { "map", 1 } }; PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom(expectedCustomRoomProperties, 4);

And this to create a room;
RoomOptions roomOptions = new RoomOptions(); roomOptions.CustomRoomPropertiesForLobby = new string[] { "map", "ai" }; roomOptions.CustomRoomProperties = new ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable() { { "map", 1 } }; roomOptions.MaxPlayers = 4; PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(null, roomOptions, TypedLobby.Default);

It works when two of these tested devices create/search for a room (they are finding each other)
galaxy s10
galaxy note 10
galaxy s8
Unity Editor
Old galaxy tab 3
Old xperia
Android emulator "Memu"

It does not work on the OnePlus 6t from a friend. The OnePlus can create its own room and join it. If I remove random matchmaking and go for a static name like "Room123" the OnePlus finds the other players and everything works great. But it seems like it just cant find other players rooms with random matchmaking and filters. The game is a 2D realtime Multiplayer, nothing complex. Is this a known issue? Is there any chance to fix it?

I would be thankful for any help.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @lennart862,

Is this a known issue? Is there any chance to fix it?
    This is not a known issue. Photon does not care about the device or OS or platform.
    As long as the clients are connected to the same virtual application (AppId, GameVersion/AppVersion, PUN version) and to the same servers (region) they should be able to see each other.
    Double-check these.
    Then make sure the lobby is the same in JoinRandom & CreateRoom calls on all clients.
    Also, make sure the client who creates or joins the room does not set it invisible.
    Full "Matchmaking Checklist".

Also if a client creates a room, give it some time before trying to randomly join it from another client.
    For debugging purposes, you could join the lobby and see the rooms list (ILobbyCallbacks.OnRoomListUpdate) or check the app stats to make sure the room has finished creation and can be joined.

If you invert the situation: can you join the same room created by "the OnePlus 6T from a friend" from the other devices?
  • lennart862
    Options
    Thanks for answering.

The app version on the OnePlus is the exact same as on every other device and there is nothing wrong with the example code I copied from your website. It works with every device beside the OnePlus 6t. If the OnePlus creates a room with a name like 123 and another player tries to join this exact room name it works. If not the OnePlus but another device creates a room name like 123 the OnePlus can join it using the room name too. But as soon I try JoinRandomRoom with the OnePlus, it seems like its on another game ID (thats not the case). It would be nice to know whether this weird error is unique to his OnePlus or if every OnePlus cant use Random matchmaking. I try to debug it as soon as possible but I triple checked that the OnePlus has the exact same app version and is connected to the same wifi. The rest of the game works seemless using the OnePlus. If you have a OnePlus 6t lying arround I would appreciate if you could test random matchmaking with it using the example code