Cant find server on second device /(or build) after creating a server in the unity editor

Options
Ran into this problem a while ago and just had to restart my project from scratch . I start my game and photon says connected. Then i build and run the standalone version of the game and search for servers but no matter what i do there is no servers on the server list. . I know that they are the same version of the game so it can't be (different versions of game being excluded form server list.) In the photon dashboard i can see that i have 2 ccu so i am defiantly connected but i just cant find the server I created in the editor. i am using PUN 1 and have messed with the photon server settings hosting options to try "photon cloud", and "best region" last time i had this issue i assumed my problem was in the photon server settings . Has anyone ran into this problem and know the workaround?

Comments

• Created a new bare bones project and new app id for pun . I tried again to connect and in photon console it is logging and saying there are 2ccu so my 2 standalone instances are connected but i am still having the same issue where i can not find or join a server... Even join random is not working saying there are no servers . Settings are set to "photon cloud " Region -Eu protocol udp.. I cant figure out what it is. I would assume the game versions do not match and they are excluded in the server list but that is not the case. i will look at it all day tomorrow and try to figure it out . will update the post
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi @photonNoob,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I think you have it figured out you just need to look closely.
    Clients need to have matching settings: AppId, AppVersion/GameVersion and use the same PUN version.
    Also, clients need to connect to the same servers (same region).

Platform, client SDK or protocol used do not matter.

You could log these values once connected on each client.