PUN2 long connection times, not happening in PUN1

Options
EranJ
EranJ
I've tried upgrading my project to PUN2. After finishing the migration, the time from calling ConnectUsingSettings and entering a room went up from a few seconds to 1-2 minutes. This also happened when I originally started using photon last year, which is why I went with PUN1 in the first place.
Am I missing something I have to do in PUN2 for it to connect in a reasonable time?

Edit:
It seems that also after entering the room, getting property updates, RPC, etc. takes much longer than in 1.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @EranJ,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Could you check that in PUN Classic and PUN 2 you are being connected to the same region?
    Maybe PUN 2 has calculated a different, "less optimal", "best region"?

You could try forcing the region in PUN 2 using "Fixed Region" field in PhotonServerSettings under AppSettings.
  • EranJ
    Options
    The regions were indeed the same, and the connection time was the same no matter what region I chose.
    I attached a log of the process in an email. Nothing wrong seems to be happening, it just happens slowly.
  • EranJ
    Options
    Thanks to the support I got over email, I found the problem: it seems that PUN2 uses FixedUpdate while PUN Classic does not. My timestep was set to be very large, so it took a long time. Reducing it fixed the problem.

Thanks!