PUN Basics Tutorial - 5 - Building the player

Options
Hello,

I'm really confused about what we have to do at this step :

{
5 - Building the player

Adding The Beams Models

13. Create a new Material, name it Red Beam, save it in 'DemoAnimator_tutorial/Scenes/'
}

That's the only indications we have... i have no idea how to "create a new material" and it says nothing about it before, and i don't understand where we have to save it, can't find 'DemoAnimator/scenes/ ??? It's really confusing, i don't understand.

Comments

• Djo
    Djo
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I did find a "Red beam" material already created into "Demos/PunBasics-tutorial/Materials" and so i assigned it to both beams.
    But what is actually asked in the tutorial makes no sense. Please can you clarify or update ?
  • Djo
    Djo
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Woow guys, your tutorial is full of errors, that's really discouraging, how are we supposed to learn anything with a tutorial with errors ? Please tell me how

5 - Building the player

Controlling The Beams With User Input

Using Photon.Pun is missing and the script can't work without...
    and the script even then, dosen't work when we trigger "Fire1"...
  • Djo
    Djo
    edited November 2019
    Options
    You guys can't make a working tutorial and we are supposed to trust your Photon network in general ? Sorry but that begin to piss me off for real.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Djo,

Woow guys, your tutorial is full of errors
    With your help and the help of other users we can make it better by fixing those errors you report.
    how are we supposed to learn anything with a tutorial with errors ?
    If you look at the bright side of this, learning by trial and error is harder but better.

For the meantime I will fix the two issues:

'DemoAnimator_tutorial/Scenes/'

Using Photon.Pun is missing and the script can't work without...

Thank you for your patience and understanding.