Unable to get RPC to activate

Options
I'm trying to get a RPC to turn the SetActive to false when the player collides with the object its attached to. I have a simple script on the object and I get all the triggers until the call itself, then nothing...no error message or effect.

Here's my script:

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using Photon.Pun;
using Photon.Realtime;

public class DesttroyOnCollide : MonoBehaviourPun
{
    int point = 1;

[PunRPC]
    private void OnCollisionEnter(Collision other)
    {
        PhotonView otherPV = other.gameObject.GetComponent<PhotonView>();
        print(other.gameObject.name);//for debug purposes
        {
            if (other.gameObject.tag == "Player" && otherPV.IsSceneView && otherPV.IsMine)
            {
                other.gameObject.GetComponent<PlayerScore>().score = other.gameObject.GetComponent<PlayerScore>().score + point;
                PhotonView.Get(this).RPC("DestroyPoint", RpcTarget.AllBuffered,null);
                //PhotonView.Get(this).RPC("DestroyPoint", RpcTarget.OthersBuffered, null);//alternative attempt
                print("Player contact");
            }
        }
    }

[PunRPC]
    private void DestroyPoint()
    {
        print("player chomp");
        this.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    }

}
I've tried this both in Unity without the joining a room (with GameManager script turning offline mode on) and joining a room while running a client-host config on the same machine...same results. Both the player and the gameobject this script is attached to have Photon View components, player tag is set right, and I can't think of what else to check.

The game runs perfectly until I collide with the object, then the object just moves insteads of turning off. I can confirm the OnCollisionEnter() is working since score goes up and the print mssg appears in the console. Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• DanC_Gamer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK...very weird but i deleted and retyped the [PunRPC] above the DestroyPoint() and it now works!

Answers

• Sorry about the formatting. Here's a better view:
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using Photon.Pun;
    using Photon.Realtime;

public class DesttroyOnCollide : MonoBehaviourPun
    {
        int point = 1;

[PunRPC]
        private void OnCollisionEnter(Collision other)
        {
            PhotonView otherPV = other.gameObject.GetComponent<PhotonView>();
            print(other.gameObject.name);
            {
                if (other.gameObject.tag == "Player" && otherPV.IsSceneView && otherPV.IsMine)
                {
                    other.gameObject.GetComponent<PlayerScore>().score = other.gameObject.GetComponent<PlayerScore>().score + point;
                    //GetComponent<PhotonView>()
                    PhotonView.Get(this).RPC("DestroyPoint", RpcTarget.AllBuffered,null);
                    PhotonView.Get(this).RPC("DestroyPoint", RpcTarget.OthersBuffered, null);
                    print("Player contact");
                }
            }
        }

[PunRPC]
        private void DestroyPoint()
        {
            print("player chomp");
            this.gameObject.SetActive(false);
        }

}
  • DanC_Gamer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK...very weird but i deleted and retyped the [PunRPC] above the DestroyPoint() and it now works!
  • Nevermind, it still doesn't work.... :(