Photon Server Setup Question

Options
I've downloaded and imported Photon Pun V2 to my current project and I'm really liking how it's set up and the interfaces. The documentation has been great up to a certain point. I'm a beginner at C# and am interested in learning, but have run into a special problem with the documentation. At the very end of part 6 - 'Player Camera Work', it says:

"When running in our networked based game, we'll call the public method OnStartFollowing() when we detect that the player is a local player. This will be done in the script "PlayerManager" that is created and explained in the chapter Player Prefab Networking"

("Player Prefab Networking" takes me right to 7 - 'Player Networking')

The script "PlayerManager" isn't mentioned in part 7 - 'Player Networking' until about half-way down the page under the "Camera Control" heading, and it just says:

"Let's modify the PlayerManager script to control the CameraWork component."

It doesn't mention the script anywhere before that. It seems to think that you've already got it created and set up, which I don't, and I'm not totally sure how I'm supposed to use it.

If anyone could point me to a place where it talks about this script or someplace that has it, that would be great! As I said, I am totally willing to learn, but I couldn't get anywhere by researching it.

Thank in advance!​

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @prettybrownpony,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I have moved this discussion to the proper forum category which is "Photon Unity Networking".
    Photon Server is for the self-hosted Photon Server SDK or the Photon Server Plugins SDK.

Also, use a meaningful discussion name next time.

It seems to think that you've already got it created and set up, which I don't, and I'm not totally sure how I'm supposed to use it.
    PlayerManager script is created in part 5 here. We will fix the link from part 6 to point directly to Camera Control section of part 7.
  • @JohnTube

Thank you so much for the speedy response!

Thank you for pointing that out to me! I'll get to work with it.

Thanks again!