Ways for Room Properties to be constant?

Options
I am building a authoritative server and I would like to use the room properties for caching global information. Is there a way to prevent non master clients from editing the properties? Also, is there a way to prevent the master client control from being manually switched?

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @AllFatherGray,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Is there a way to prevent non master clients from editing the properties? Also, is there a way to prevent the master client control from being manually switched?

You can achieve all of this using a custom plugin. It's the recommended and best way to have server code and authoritative logic with Photon the easier way.
  • AllFatherGray
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @AllFatherGray,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Is there a way to prevent non master clients from editing the properties? Also, is there a way to prevent the master client control from being manually switched?

You can achieve all of this using a custom plugin. It's the recommended and best way to have server code and authoritative logic with Photon the easier way.
    So, Assuming that I choose Enterprise:
    How does Enterprise work? Is it similar to regular Photon Cloud? Will I have to make any changes to the codebase or is it another option, Like Photon Cloud or WebSocket? I am using PUN Classic ATM.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Enterprise cloud is a private cloud.
    Read more about it on the bottom of this page.

You can start with plugins on your local self-hosted Photon Server.
  • AllFatherGray
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Enterprise cloud is a private cloud.
    Read more about it on the bottom of this page.

You can start with plugins on your local self-hosted Photon Server.

Thanks for the link. Using the first link you gave me, I can't seem to find the "Create a new Plugin" option on the dashboard. All I see is Custom Server with similar fields. Has the name changed?

In Unity, using PUN Classic, we are given Hosting Settings for the PhotonServerSettings. It has:
    Photon Cloud
    Self Hosted
    Offline mode
    Best Region

Will this change once we include Enterprise or will we have to use an entirely different PUN setup than PUN Classic? Will a new option, "Enterprise" be added or with Photon Cloud simply upgrade to Enterprise?

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I see is Custom Server with similar fields. Has the name changed?
    Custom Server? where do you see that exactly?
    Will this change once we include Enterprise or will we have to use an entirely different PUN setup than PUN Classic? Will a new option, "Enterprise" be added or with Photon Cloud simply upgrade to Enterprise?
    Photon Cloud is the hosting option you need no matter if you are using the public cloud, premium cloud or private cloud. The name server will route you to the servers according to your AppId.
  • AllFatherGray
    Options
    JohnTube said:

All I see is Custom Server with similar fields. Has the name changed?
    Custom Server? where do you see that exactly?
    Photon Cloud is the hosting option you need no matter if you are using the public cloud, premium cloud or private cloud. The name server will route you to the servers according to your AppId.
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/current/plugins/manual

It's option 3 in Configuration - Enterprise Cloud. I can't seem to find the option to create the plugin key values.

As for the second half of your response:
    Once I get Enterprise Cloud, I just run the game as usual? The Cloud option will just upgrade?
    But when I am testing locally, I must change the setting to Self Hosted and use a local server?

And thanks for the speedy responses!
  • AllFatherGray
    AllFatherGray ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @AllFatherGray

you need to be an enterprise customer first to see this.
  • AllFatherGray
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @AllFatherGray

you need to be an enterprise customer first to see this.

Thanks for the response!
    So, I will have to purchase Enterprise to try it out? Are there any rates for small samples?
    I'd like to get to the testing phase of my project as quickly as possible.
  • AllFatherGray
    Options
    Thank you! I will finish the document.