Bolt client information

Options
Hi,

I am not sure if I missed any documentation, but I couldn't find a good way to recognize an user when they join a game. (I could not find a good example for lobby or match making as well, I saw Zeuz was deprecated.) It seems you shift to Photon cloud for headless server option and this is what I am working towards to.

What I want to do is like to assign some user to seat 1 (or player at position 1), so that if he drops connection and comes back, he can be assigned back to seat 1 based on his information and pick up the game from there. I am not sure when and how to pass client information (like a userId) to server, and how to let the client session know that he is being assigned to a seat.

Right now, I can only get a connection Id when someone joined the server, however, I don't know how to figure out the connection id of a client as the client itself.

Btw, the seating matters because I want the clients only accept server events sending to that seat but not to everyone, like sending some secret message to a seat and I only want that seat to keep/display this record. I am not sure if I can achieve this in a different way.

Thanks

Comments