Having problem to create rooms using one single build Unity 5.6 - standlone

Options
The plugin that I am currently using in the project does not allow me to create more than 1 room in a single build. I am using the basic photon PUN. Is there any way for me to solve this issue? My game is working with Photon but for some reason I cannot create multipe rooms in one single build standlone. Please help me...

Comments

• ChrisBrazil
    Options
    I need to hire a expert to implement Photon Cloud in my Unity 5,6 game. The game is already working in multiplayer using Photon
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ChrisBrazil,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

What do you mean by "multipe rooms in one single build"?
    A client can be joined to one room at a time, by design.
    But the client can switch between rooms on the fly by creating or joining.
  • ChrisBrazil
    Options
    Hi JohnTube. Thank you for your replay

I have a educational game similar to SecondLife - but takes place in old ancient city. It is for educational e religious purpose.

I need to create 10 rooms / 100 players per room.

These 10 rooms will be name after 10 countries that have it's population targeted in this project.

Room 1 - United States
    Room 2 - France
    Room 3 - Canada
    Room 4 - United Kingdom
    Room 5 - Argentina
    Room 6 - Russia
    Room 7 - Germany
    Room 8 - Australia
    Room 9 - Brazil
    Room 10 - South Africa

I understand that one player cannot be in multiple rooms - instead in only one room per time. That is okay.

My question is:

How can I offer a way that players can select the room out of 10 rooms in one single Unity Standalone application? Can Photon help me achieve this issue?

Thank you so much
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ChrisBrazil,

"100 players per room" is too many unless there is one teacher that will send to others not very often.
    Read this.
    We recommend staying below the soft limit of 500 msgs / room / second.
    So if you send 5 times per second to all users from a single user you are at this soft limit.
    How can I offer a way that players can select the room out of 10 rooms
    You can join a lobby and inside that lobby, you can see a list of rooms but this requires rooms to exist first (be created). In Photon, clients create rooms and rooms are removed from servers when empty.
    So what I suggest is the following:
    Since you have a predefined fixed and static number and name of rooms you can show a user a list and then call JoinOrCreateRoom which will either join a room by name if it exists or create it and wait for others to join.
  • ChrisBrazil
    Options
    Hi, JohnTube

"Since you have a predefined fixed and static number and name of rooms you can show a user a list and then call JoinOrCreateRoom which will either join a room by name if it exists or create it and wait for others to join"

Can I use some a Photon Cloud Plan that could allows me to have 100 players per room in a total of 10 rooms? I expect to have around 10k players online per day in the first 120 days after lauching the game.

Thank you

Chris
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I use some a Photon Cloud Plan that could allows me to have 100 players per room in a total of 10 rooms?
    You can do this but as I told you before, how well your game will perform depends on how much messages per second and bandwidth you are going to generate. It's better to prototype and test early. If you have more doubts send an email to developer@photonengine.com.