Steam VR and PUN Classic

Options
Hey all. I've been trying to debug this for a couple days now and I have really ran into a snag. No options left but to come ask. I am finishing up a basic engine for my Multiplayer VR Game and everything is ready except for this one very odd problem:

The player's hands and heads all have views and transform views, no problem there, all is well. I am using Steam VR's Interactable scripts for picking objects up. When a player goes to pick an object up, I transfer ownership of that object to the player picking it up, but then it disappears from the other player's scene (Still in hand, working as intended on the owner's screen). When the object is let go of, it reappears right where it should for both players like nothing was ever wrong.

Upon further inspection, when looking in the editor, the object seems to teleport to very close to the origin of the scene just below the map and stays there. Doesn't move relative to the person holding it, just stays in one spot until the player releases it.

This has become quite frustrating as it is not really breaking anything and it seems like I have just made some kind of silly oversight. I have seen similar issues on this board but their solutions didn't seem to affect my outcome. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• Inalkii
    Options
    I was able to find the problem. SteamVR childs the grabbable object to the hand that grabs it so every other client just got the raw local transform of the object and placed it at the origin without being childed. A simple RPC to child it and dechild it upon grab and release fixes everything. Just figured I'd leave the solution here in case anyone else hits this problem!